Gender Male and Female
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Kitware is currently hiring for a Web Developer to join our Computer Vision team. If you are interested in working on cutting edge, real world problems in a setting that is a cross section between academia and industry, then this is a great opportunity for you. By joining our team, you will be contributing your full stack web development experience to develop robust solutions for real-world problems in the areas of Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. You will have the opportunity to use your experience with image and video oriented web development to collaborate on projects related to the areas of content-based retrieval, 3D reconstruction, object detection and tracking, activity recognition, remote sensing, and video understanding among others. Kitware’s employees have unique opportunities to interact and collaborate directly with customers, visit interesting customer sites, and participate in live field tests and demonstrations. Developers also enjoy benefits commonly associated with a position in academia, such as support and encouragement for the publication of novel work in international research conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area, plus 3-5 years experience in web development, preferably in a technical/software industry, or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Back-end service programming in Python
- Experience with Database Management Systems (DBMS) desirable but not required
- Knowledge of HTTP and related standards such as REST
- Experience with quality software process tools and methodologies, such as Git, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Experience designing and building software solutions from the ground up based on business requirements
- Due to contractual restrictions, only candidates that are US Persons (citizens, permanent residents, asylees or refugees) will be considered for this position.
- This position is remote, however, the candidate must reside within the United States and the individual State is subject to approval
Company DescriptionFounded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is a fast-moving and ever-changing company. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products. We partner with premier government R&D agencies such as DARPA, IARPA, AFRL, ONR, and NRL; branches of the US military; and members of the intelligence community on a range of efforts including prime contracts, SBIRs, and STTRs. In addition, we provide commercial services to companies ranging from tiny startups to Fortune 500 internet companies. By joining our team, you will be contributing your expertise to develop robust solutions for real-world, challenging problems that directly enhance our national security.Kitware employs an open source business model to foster extended, collaborative communities, and to provide flexible, high-quality technical solutions. If you’ve used CMake, ITK, or VTK, you know our work and the impact it has on the communities we help buildAdditional informationKitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks. Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law